Most people who are entrepreneurs, self-employed, work for themselves or just work at a place where they have to take care of the business website, should be aware of the important factor, called: bounce rate.
WHAT IS ‘BOUNCE RATE’?
This the percentage of visitors who after visiting a post or page of the website go further and navigate to the next one. As lower the bounce rate as better as it shows that the readers are highly invested in the website content and visit more than just one page.
REASONS FOR LOW PERFORMANCE = HIGH BOUNCE RATE
- a lot of popups and redirections which put off everyone who tries to get where they want
- not engaging content
- the website is not mobile-friendly, hence impossible to be read on mobile devices ( we most use nowadays).
- too many calls to action forms/buttons which desperately are calling to purchase something from it
- it is not relevant
- low-performing website in terms of speed, not optimized
- content is not proportionally located on the pages and posts
- the hosting company is underperforming and disconnects from the server often
- the navigation is not well shown or positioned on the website
- topics are quite too much not related to each other
WHERE TO FIND IT?
The bounce rate could be found in your Google Analytics account.
This is an example of bad/high bounced rate:
You can easily see that some visitors just saw one page and left and some others who went to visit another one.
WHY IS IMPORTANT?
Keeping a low bounce rate means that the website has got great content, looks professional, easy to read and navigate, it is informative and helps people to get new knowledge.
WHAT IS A GOOD SCORE?
Best performing websites have got a bounce rate score lower than 30%.
HOW TO IMPROVE IT?
Get feedback from the visitors and improve the content as they recommend ithttps://rcm-na.amazon-adsystem.com/e/cm?o=1&p=12&l=ur1&category=amzn_firetv_eg_101618&banner=07Z1A8KKG3NGABM31PG2&f=ifr&linkID=7902f72bc5a1f8a507297df1d1f4a0ed&t=bo0dd-20&tracking_id=bo0dd-20
Make sure topics are related to one another
If you need more FREE information on this topic: how to install Analytics on your website or use it, do not hesitate to reach out.